Application Deadline: 4/30/21
6/7/21 - 8/15/21 (10 Weeks)
Applicants must meet the following criteria
Be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or permanent resident of the United States.
Have a 2.8 or higher GPA (out of 4.0).
Be a college undergraduate* majoring in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math or computing-related major at the time of REU participation.
Be committed to work 40 hours per week on campus during the REU Site period.
*Note: High school graduates who have been accepted at an undergraduate institution but have not yet started their undergraduate study are also eligible to apply.
We are especially committed to encouraging applicants who are underrepresented in computing (e.g., women, African Americans, Hispanics, Native American, Pacific Islanders, persons with disabilities, etc) or enrolled in a minority, women's, or non-doctoral institution.
Please follow the following steps to prepare and submit your application.
- Before submitting your application, you should review our research areas and Sample Projects and think about your research interests. Although your research project is not limited to these areas, it will be better for your application to indicate the research areas of your interest so that you will have an experienced mentor in your area to work with.
Complete the online application form. When you are completing the application form, you also need to upload required documents. You can always edit your application form before the deadline.
- One page statement describing your career goals, how this experience will enhance those goals, and your qualifications for participating in this REU program.
- Your resume which includes information on classes taken, research/work experience, list of references, and any other relevant information.
- A copy of your transcripts (unofficial copy is fine for application).
- You can indicate research areas you are interested. You can check our sample projects to get ideas about research areas. You can also list areas that are not covered by our sample projects.
- At least one reference letter, preferably from a faculty member in your major. If preferred, the reference letter(s) can be sent by email to email@example.com.
Please contact Dr. Shao at firstname.lastname@example.org for any inquiry about REU application.